Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Butterworth Christmas

So, as usual, I totally missed blogging about Christmas. This year was Travis & I's 4th Christmas together, & that does not include the year we were dating. How time flies! We have so many wonderful memories & have started some fun traditions of our own.

However, this year truly was the best year yet because it was Kambrie's first Christmas.

We started out the season with the annual Christmas party at my Grandma Reid's. Every year Grandma gives each person $10 which we use to buy a gift for someone else at the party. It's always fun to see what $10 will buy:)

But the main event is the arrival of Santa Claus! For as long as I can remember, Grandma & Grandpa have invited Santa to our Holiday party.



This year we got to introduce Kambrie to Santa. Obviously I was a lot more excited than she was. She was only impressed as long as her binky was in her mouth.





Santa & Mrs. Claus are so cute every year, I was so excited to share my baby with them.

I love this picture of us opening Kambrie's gift, she looks so excited...



December was the last month of my maternity leave, so Kambrie & I tried to enjoy every day preparing for Christmas. We shopped together, cooked together & wrapped together.

Two days before Christmas, Travis came home to find the living room looking something like this...



But a houseful of goodies! Including, Trav's favorite, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, peppermint kiss pretzels, Oreo balls, muddy buddies & a fun new multi-color Jello...



Kambrie was an angel that day! She was totally content to spend the afternoon in her swing (in the kitchen of course) while "mom" ran around getting things done.

She let me know when the fun was over...



And was oh, so glad when her daddy came home...



But before we left for Idaho Falls the next day, our Christmas prep was all done including wrapping the many gifts under the tree...



We had a great time in Idaho Falls with the Butterworths, then returned home Christmas day & spent a little time with the Reids. In summary, Kambrie had lots of new clothes & toys to enjoy. I just had to take a picture of her with her many, many presents so she can look back & see how loved she is...



Santa brought Kambrie a fun new toy as well...







She loves it!

1 comment:

W Smith said...

Sounds like a good christmas! I'm glad we got to see you guys, even if only for a bit, while we were there! That Kambrie - what a doll.