As it turns out this weekend just happened to include my Birthday, June 13th. I'm a lucky girl because my husband put a lot of thought into making this weekend special for me (with the help of his family). He must have known it was necessary since this is the first Birthday away from my mom & dad. Yes, I'm 24 years old but I am still a "momma's girl."
When we got to the Butterworth house Friday, Lorie & the girls had my gifts ready & waiting for me (crate paper & balloons are two of the things I remember my mom always doing for us on our birthdays growing up, so I loved it).
Trav took me to dinner that night (it was delicious!). And Saturday night we had cake & ice cream with the "fam" while I opened my gifts from Trav. He went all out, I love my gifts! A new key fob for my car & a nice, little video camera which will be so fun to have after we bring the baby home. Actually both gifts are perfect when planning for a baby.
It was such a nice relaxing weekend. "Thank you, thank you" to the Butterworths for celebrating with us. They even took a break from their family favorite, peanut butter & chocolate ice cream to have something I would like instead. That has got to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me;)
And an even bigger "Thank You!" to my sweet husband who makes me so happy. I love him more everyday, even the days I don't get to see him.
I was a little nervous driving home by myself today, mostly because I was expecting it to rain once I got to Cache Valley. Which it did. It rained all the way from Downey to Preston. However, there was the most beautiful rainbow that I could see for miles. It made me think of that primary song, "Heavenly Father Loves Me." I know it was there for everyone to enjoy along the way but I couldn't help thinking that he was reminding me of his love & it cheered me up. It's not very often I see one that glows like this one did, so I had to take a picture.
I know the pictures don't do it justice. There were other people who stopped off to the side of the road for the photo opp. I was anxious to get home... and I wasn't willing to get out in the rain. So my question is: is taking pictures, while driving, the same as texting? I hope not... oh well.
It was the perfect end to a crazy week & what I hope is a great beginning to a better one.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
It was kind of hard not to have you here for your birthday, but it looks like your sweetie and family took VERY good care of you! Your a lucky girl!
I am excited to see all the fun things you got!
And as far as photography while driving, it looks to me like you eyes were on the road...and heaven know I do it :)
Brandi, I'm so glad your birthday was a huge success. I can only imagine how much you miss Trav because I think it absolutely is killing Tyler to have him be gone so much. He asked me to play XBOX with him last night, and I refused! haha!! Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment